Sunday, February 21, 2010

Publican: Brunch

Considering that the walls are adorned with large portraits of pigs, I was a bit concerned about how I would fare as a vegetarian at the Publican. The verdict: I was pleasantly surprised.

We were told that the all of the tables were fully booked for brunch but we were able to grab two seats at the bar for brunch. It was fun watching the bartenders prepare the Publican Bloody Mary.

After being sufficiently caffeinated, we were ready to order. I had the omelette with mustard croutons and gruyere. The croutons added a crunch but were still chewy inside. Perfection. The mustard was a nice touch. I was happy. My companion had red wine poached eggs on grilled sourdough with an excellent bĂ©arnaise sauce. The sauce balanced the acidity of the red wine quite well.

The food was delicious and service was spot on. Even on a gray day, there was plenty of light in the wood heavy room. I will have to come back for the Publican Bloody Mary.

PS I came across this delicious recipe for Eggs with Gruyere and Dijon Mustard Croutons and am looking forward to making this again at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...