Tuesday, February 23, 2010

RW Day 4: Dinner at one sixtyblue

This was my first visit to one sixtyblue and I could barely contain my excitement about finally dining there. Definitely a highlight of RW.

The service was slow but good, understandable with a full house.

After being seated, our server informed us of the RW menu, normal dinner menu, and wine pairing option. I was tempted to do the 3-course wine pairings but instead decided to have a glass of the Chateau Granins Grand Poujeaux Bordeaux Medoc (2004). Full on the palate, dark fruit, peppery, and nice acidity.

I had the following:

Key lime vegan caesar salad. Good, but croutons were extremely salty alone.

Ricotta filled ravioli with chanterelles and sauteed spinach in a lemon butter sauce. Incredible. The ravioli were perfectly cooked, the lemon butter sauce complemented the different components of the dish without overwhelming. The chanterelles were well seasoned. I was very happy and wanted more.

My companions absolutely loved the pan-seared salmon.

Key lime panna cotta with graham cracker crumbles topped with a toasted coconut marshmallow (yum). The first bite was intensely tart but, after the initial shock, I found the dessert to be deliciously refreshing.

When the bill arrived, our server informed us that they will now be adding a $32 prix-fixe dinner option to their regular menu after RW ends. Trust me, you will want to go back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...