Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chocolate Mousse + Champagne

In heaven... thank you N for bringing a smile to my face with Chocolate Mousse from Fox & Obel ♥

We popped open a bottle of Joseph Perrier Champagne Cuvée Royale Brut NV. Apple and fresh lemon on the palate. No bitterness. Round, crisp, and profoundly refreshing. Persistent bubbles. Delightful!

Now that's a perfect end to a perfect evening.

Image from Joseph Perrier

On a related note, Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label used to be my go-to champagne. I would pop open a bottle of Veuve whenever celebrations were in order, serve it with cake on birthdays, and toast it on NYE. Then I tasted Dom Pérignon at a champagne tasting party. It really was like drinking the stars. The side by side tasting made me realize how bitter (and overly lemony) I find Veuve. Since then I have been searching for a similarly priced go-to champagne. I think the Joseph Perrier is a close contender!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...