Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tzatziki with pita chips

I am craving spring. I was contemplating what to make for dinner and all I could think about was spring. I want asparagus, ramps, peas, and artichokes. 

I somewhat mitigated my spring craving by making some delicious tzatziki, a Greek yogurt dip known for its cool, refreshing flavors. We were practically licking the bowl!

Dear weather gods, please let it be spring soon.


Tzatziki (Adapted from Ina Garten)

1 7 oz plain greek yogurt, I used Fage Total
1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
sea salt
fresh ground black pepper

Grate cucumber over a bowl. Squeeze shredded cucumber with hand to remove extra juice. Transfer yogurt to a medium bowl. Stir in lemon juice and white wine vinegar. Add cucumber, garlic, and dill. Mix well. Season with sea salt and pepper.

Serve with Stacy's Naked Pita Chips.

1 comment:

  1. I'm bookmarking this one so I can make it the instant it feels like summer outside :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...