Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wine: J. Jacaman Pinot Noir

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of enjoying a beautiful, intense Pinot Noir with my brother: the J. Jacaman 2004. Simply a-mazing.

Pinot, where have you been all of my life? Had I known Pinot could taste this good, I would have started drinking it years ago... I so need to start making up for lost time!

Even before taking a sip, I knew that this was a phenomenal wine. It had one of those noses that makes you close your eyes and say wow... After letting the full-bodied wine briefly breathe, I took the first sip.  Elegant waves of cherry and vanilla filled my mouth. The dark fruit was interlaced with peaks of intense oak and spice, which then gave way to a seemingly never-ending finish with soft, velvety tannins.

I am in love.

Image from K&L

1 comment:

  1. Now that I am more interested in Pinot Noir, I will try this one. Did you stop reviewing wines?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...