Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wine: Lopez de Heredia Vina Bosconia, Reserva Rioja

After a recent trip to Sonoma, I decided that it was time for me to move past my obsessive love for Napa Cabs and try my luck with other varietals. With this in mind, I purchased the 2000 Lopez de Heredia Vina Bosconia, Reserva Rioja after having it at a wine tasting. It was a tighter than I remembered but paired well with food.

The Reserve Rioja started with notes of cherry, spice, and leather laced with mild minerality. It had a moderately long finish with a touch of mouth-puckering tartness. The wine was tight at first but opened up over time. Light body, smooth, bright acidity, and very juicy in the mouth. The acidity and minerality of the wine lends it to pair well with a tangy dish (think freshly squeezed lemon). I couldn't drink the wine alone, however. At $35 a bottle, I was slightly disappointed with this wine. Better luck next time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no - spanish wine letting you down. Very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...