Friday, March 12, 2010

Wine: Mitolo Jester Shiraz, McLaren Vale, Australia

I am always looking for a new, inexpensive Shiraz to try. My favorite wine buyer recommended the 2007 Mitolo Jester Shiraz, McLaren Vale, Australia. At $18 a bottle, I couldn't say no. When I first started drinking wine, I loved the pepperiness of Shiraz. As I tasted more and more wines I realized that spice wasn't the tell tale sign of a good Shiraz. I started to appreciate smooth, full-bodied Shiraz with rich dark fruit integrated with subtle layers of spice.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Mitolo Jester Shiraz. The well-balanced wine starts with black cherry and chocolate, with layers of cedar oak and hints of spice. It is medium-bodied, smooth, and has moderate, well-structured tannins. Loved the velvety, long finish. I will definitely buy this wine again!

Image from Mitolo Wines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...