Friday, May 7, 2010

My Top Chef celebrity sighting

I was walking down Michigan Ave yesterday and there was a crowd of people blocking the sidewalk. In an attempt to avoid the tourist-laden crowds, I turned to cross over to the other side of the street. Then I noticed a white and orange tent with Top Chef written across the top. The Top Chef Tour was here in Chicago! Guess who was inside of the tent?


It was Kevin-- the pig-loving, beardy guy-- from Season 6! He was my favorite of the bunch. I talked to Kevin for a few minutes. He was so down to earth and seemed genuinely excited to talk to fans. In one of the first episodes of the season, Kevin revealed that he almost went to MIT before deciding to pursue a culinary career.  So, I asked him about his decision and he said he just knew early in life what he wanted to do. Pretty admirable. Kevin said he visited MIT for a couple weeks and stayed with a current freshman back in 2001. And he thought MIT was pretty awesome, which totally wins him extra points.


Michael Isabella was also there, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him. His Greek-Mediterranean restaurant, Zatiniya, in Penn Quarter is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Washington, D.C. The food is incredibly flavorful and the pita is served hot with olive oil and is so soft that it melts-in-your-mouth. Plus everything is small plates so you can sample more of the delicious menu.


Sigh, I love Top Chef. ♥

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 08, 2010

    Wow, look at the body art on them. So this guy likes both pig and MIT? Well, the one effect sort of cancels out the other I guess :) Sounds like it was a fun encounter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...